17/03/2013

A final mad dash around the UK

My flight is on Wednesday. Less than a week away. How does one calculate how 'ready' one is? I still can't quite believe it's happening.

In my last two weeks in the UK I've been trying to see any many people as I can before I leave. I've done pretty well, especially considering how short-notice these trips were. I made it up to West Yorkshire and saw two aunties, three cousins and four first cousins once removed.







I call this one 'Mafia Gran'. When she's thinking or staring off into space she usually looks really angry. She does smile a lot really though, it must just be her face.



On Friday, I then headed South-East to Surrey to see another cousin and first cousin once removed. It's very difficult to take a bad photo of this kid, she's totally adorable. I got to read her a bed time story, The Gruffalo's Child. I hadn't ever read a Gruffalo book before, I think I was paying more attention to it than she was!







Scarily, this was my last trip to visit people before I fly out to Japan. Now I have a few bits and pieces left to sort out, pack my bags and GO!

No comments: