19/01/2012

It runs in the family..

Having just blogged about my sister and her creative endeavors I now find myself blogging about a second creative family member, my cousin has been staying with us this week for a much needed catch-up and we braved the cold and the drizzle yesterday to take some portraits.





Kayleigh blogs about fashion, books, music, crafts and miscellaneous pretty things and has been documenting outfits she's worn so this was a dual purpose shoot, photos for her to put up on her blog and practice for me at being speedy about setting up a light on location. This gorgeous wall is literally just around the corner from my house and I'll definitely try make use of it again.

Due to it being incredibly overcast the ambient light was very flat and created the fill so I used the strobe as a key and underexposed the ambient by between a half and full stop (I think? I forget now). Key was one umbrella-ed strobe camera left at about 8/1 power with an exposure of 100ISO f/2.8 and between 200/1 and 125/1, or something very close to all that. I got the exposure very quickly and changed things on the fly which means I have got a better grasp on the basics than I thought! I feel like this has been a good exercise in building confidence, on to more creative options next!

No comments: