23/09/2011

More light....

So I visited my friend who very kindly offered to model for me so I can continue learning and getting to grips with lighting. There wasn't much structure to shooting, no planning at all in fact, and the whole thing ended sooner than I would have liked thanks to a gust of wind and the breaking of my £5 hot shoe/pc sync adaptor...


Alas, I cannot afford some nice radio flash triggers like Pocket Wizards, that would be nice but isn't at the top of my priorities at the moment. Greg actually studies engineering and was able to fix this in a matter of minutes, just needs sticking back together and it'll be ready to go again.


So this was all just messing around and 'what happens if I move the flash here?' and 'if I turn the power up and the aperture down?' etc. etc. I'm learning, it's still a little frustrating as not much is very intuitive yet but that will come with time. Just going to have to practice and bully as many friends as I can into helping out.

This was a lovely location and we were going to carry on to find more but just after this the flash took its tumble. Next time I'm going to bring something to weigh the stand down with, missed out on more shooting time because of that!

No comments: