31/05/2010

Still shooting.

I'm no musician but I do own some guitars that have been keeping me entertained lately (the ones that work, that is). My dad mistook one of these marks for a burn or scar a few days ago. It was rather purple.


I have 2 rolls of film waiting to be developed and another in little Oly Trip half finished. I think I'm rapidly reaching a point where I need some feedback or I'm going to start circling rather than progressing. Easy enough to say but finding someone to give it is another matter.

The only thing I know I want/need to try soon is photographing other people. Again, easy enough to suggest, entirely more complex to find someone. Something about photographing others worries me. All my previous attempts (outside of a very controlled studio shoot) have been... difficult. There is a better word to describe the feeling but I can't think of it. The results have never been quite right. Which makes me wonder, have I not found the right person/people to shoot? Or perhaps I don't approach it properly? Interesting to think about whatever the reasons...

No comments: