08/12/2013

2013 Renshinkai Aikido Demonstration

This event actually happened a few months ago, but due to being very busy I didn't have time to sort and edit all the photos until recently. I've been studying Aikido for 8 months now and am currently training to take the test for 5th kyu.

I had wanted to take up some kind of martial art for years, but circumstances conspired against me and I was also unsure of which one I should even try. It has been a beautiful coincidence that I found my way to Aikido because it's exactly what I had in mind.

When practicing with my group in the dojo we're in a little bubble so the demonstration was great for putting what we're doing into a larger context. It was really exciting to see so many people practicing together and so many other women too! It was a great day. I imagine it'll become a good marker for how much I'm learning, I already feel I'm noticeably better than I was then.



















Renshinkai is the school of Aikido I am part of (an offshoot of Yoshinkan). The group I train with is Ayameikai.

No comments: