21/08/2013

Hanabi!

It's been done a million times over but I had never done it before! I bought an el cheapo (yet very reliable, in my experience) Velbon Tripod and headed out to Tamagawa riverside to watch the fireworks with Maisie and Haruna.

We managed to get a great spot well before sunset, armed with snacks and drinks we waited...







It was a very nice sunset so the waiting was enjoyable.


...and so it begins!















I was too busy enjoying the show and photographing it (and also, I "don't have the balls", according to Maisie) to photograph the spectators but that's definitely something I want to try out next time. So many people dress up for the occasion in their yukatas (sort of like a summer kimono) it's great.

If only they'd not played so much Disney music and general cheese it would have been perfect!

No comments: