24/02/2010

This may seem a little out of the blue but I can explain.

Firstly, I am a pretty massive photoshop geek. I love it. So doing this was actually fun for me and yes, I realise that may sound insane to some people.

Secondly, It's all well and good being able to 'correctly' compose and expose a photograph but if that was all I could do I would be very limited in career options and being trained in some branch of the arts limits a person enough as it is.

So, with all my free time I have been reading many, many tutorials in an attempt to teach myself some new skills to add to my fairly solid PS know-how and here is the result...


The photo was a random find on DeviantArt, which I think was submitted for the purpose of practicing retouching but I downloaded it an age ago so I could be wrong. Either way, not my photo.

It's not perfect, obviously. The right eyebrow for example, could do with some help but I got bored with that and the background is so boring but I didn't know what I wanted to do with it so that stayed as it was.

Generally though, I'm happy with it.

I got help from HERE and HERE. The rest is either vague memories of other tutorials and just playing with various blending modes and cloning/healing.


And attempt No.2...

No comments: