13/12/2014

Kyoto - Day 2





We made some new friends during our wanderings. These cats were all super chilled out, obviously used to people and didn't really care much about us taking photos and petting them. Some of the older ones avoided us more but the kittens enjoyed the attention.










The weather was wonderful and I got a little burnt. The forecast hadn't been great, cloudy and maybe even rain so I forgot to put on any sun block. We were treated to some fantastic blue skies and fluffy white clouds in the afternoon.














Finding food can be difficult sometimes as a vegetarian. I can't read Kanji yet so menus can be a bit of a nightmare. Can't go far wrong with pizza though! I was equally as happy as Mia is in the above photo. With only a few days as exceptions we were averaging 10km of walking or more a day so we were very much ready to refuel at this point.




This guy shouted down the street, I assume telling people to watch out, as he ran full pelt down the hill. I don't think he could have stopped if he'd needed to.

No comments: