14/04/2014

One Year In Japan

My one year Japan-niversary came and went on the 21st of March. It’s flown by really fast, especially the last six months for some reason.

I feel I should do some kind of big round up but in some ways it still feels like the adventure is only just starting, which is a good feeling.

However, here are a few things I’ve learned over the past twelve months…. 


  • Existing in a cash-based society is a little annoying at first but you soon get used to it. 
  • A little effort goes a long way (with work, with learning, with trying new things, with friendships, the list goes on…). 
  • Leaving your home country for an extended period of time can do wonders for making you appreciate the things that you took for granted while you were there...
  • …and on the other side of the coin, it makes you question why things are done the way they are at home and if there is a better way. 
  • Moving to the other side of the planet puts a lot of things in perspective and makes many things seem much less intimidating. 
  • Making sure you spend enough time on yourself and spending your days off doing things that make you feel good generally makes everything better even if it requires more effort. 
There have been lots of other little things but these have been the ones on my mind recently.

I have been shooting a lot since my last post but I’ve been busy so I haven’t edited many of them, there are some up on my website but pretty much everything I shot on the 6D is still waiting to be sorted. Digital is often thought of as being so much faster than film but for me, it’s the other way around. Once my negs have been scanned I don’t do much to them before I post them whereas digital files need a fair bit of work, so I’ve been posting more 35mm shots faster than anything digital.

So that's it for now. Look out for more photos going up on my website and on this blog soon.

Let the adventure continue!...

No comments: