05/04/2013

Sensoji Temple, Asakusa

Today I spent the afternoon being a tourist. I probably should have been getting on with boring worky-admin-emailing stuff but I really wasn't in the mood for that. I wanted to get lost in a crowd by myself with a camera. I was tempted to go on a hunt for some black and white 35mm for Bessa but it was already 2pm by the time I was ready to leave so I took the 6D and threw Bessa in the bag just in case I passed anywhere selling film.











It was seriously touristy but it was exactly what I needed. It was nice to blend in, there were a lot of westerners there as well as Japanese tourists and every other person had an SLR slung around their neck so I felt much less conspicuous than I have done in other parts of Japan. The noise also covered up the ridiculous buzzing of my 50mm f/1.8 focusing. The AF/MF switch is definitely on it's way out, I need to find somewhere selling lenses and replace it before it gives up completely.

No comments: