26/05/2009

Not new years resolutions, as it's not new year, but still resolutions... at a non-specific time of year. Why not?


1: Be outside more.
I like it outside. A lot. Yet I spend an awful lot of time indoors, usually on my computer and I want this to stop. Sitting with my laptop browsing the internet is neither productive nor really that stimulating. Sure I find interesting things now and then, but mostly I just waste time. So, it's getting warmer, I have a pair of functioning legs and a (sort of) functioning bike. I have no excuse.

2: Take more photos.
I always say this. Always always always. It works, for a while. Then I stop again. I bought a little point and shoot camera so I would always have one with me and yet I regularly don't bother to dig in my bag to get to it or some other equally silly reason. I need to stop being that way and just take the shot.

3: Eat more nice food.
Good food is good. Like lots of salads with tasty extras and dressings. Cous cous and pasta. It may sound simple enough but it's not so easy when you have no money.


Usually, it seems, people make resolutions because they feel they 'should'. To be seen as a better person by others. I'm making these ones for me. Because taking photos makes me happy. Being outside makes me happy. Good food makes me happy! I'm making an effort to do things that make me happy. Again, seems simple enough. I make things difficult for myself. Some day maybe I'll stop.

No comments: